Peace Corps Panama

Hello, welcome to my blog. I created this blog as I am preparing to leave to Panama for the next 27 months. I will be serving as a Sustainable Agriculture Systems Extension Agent. I will try to keep my blog as updated as possible. Come Visit and Stay tuned so that I can share this experience with you.


Hola, Bienvenidos a mi Blog. Me estoy preparando para ir a Panamá los próximos 27 meses. Voy a estar sirviendo como agente de Sistemas sostenibles de Agricultura. Tratare de mantener este blog lo más actualizado posible. Vénganme a visitar. Manténgase informados con mi blog para que pueda compartir estas experiencias con ustedes.


Pictures

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where I am going!

40 days away from my departure to Panama. In the last couple weeks I have met 14 people that will also be embarking on this journey with me. I've only gotten to know a handful, but I am excited to see who my new friends are going to be. I've also begun to gather some things that I THINK I will need: hiking shoes, head lamp, a regular lamp (2$), a lamp that doesn't need batteries, backpack, socks, little pillow, refoldable bookbag (don't ask), and my favorite, a 10year old vest that I got for 4 dollars at REI!

As the time of my departure nears, my anxiousness increases. I still have so many questions and doubts that I can't seem to find answers for. Yet the excitement and the adventure that awaits me gives me the courage to jump onto this path into the unknown and hope that only GREAT things will come from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment