Peace Corps Panama

Hello, welcome to my blog. I created this blog as I am preparing to leave to Panama for the next 27 months. I will be serving as a Sustainable Agriculture Systems Extension Agent. I will try to keep my blog as updated as possible. Come Visit and Stay tuned so that I can share this experience with you.


Hola, Bienvenidos a mi Blog. Me estoy preparando para ir a Panamá los próximos 27 meses. Voy a estar sirviendo como agente de Sistemas sostenibles de Agricultura. Tratare de mantener este blog lo más actualizado posible. Vénganme a visitar. Manténgase informados con mi blog para que pueda compartir estas experiencias con ustedes.


Pictures

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Official Start Date: June 30, 2009

Start date: June 30,2009-----End date: June 30, 2011
I have exactly 2 years from TODAY to accomplish everything I want to accomplish in my Peace Corps Service!
What exactly that is, I am not sure right now, but as time goes by, I hope those goals start taking shape as the needs of my community become more clear!

The last couple days have been pretty hectic, running around the Peace Corps office filling out papers, getting malaria medication, making copies of teaching manuals, learning how to fill out VRF (Volunteer Report Forms), and just ironing out details before officially getting started.

On Friday at around 2pm I'll be arriving at my site....to STAY! Between now and then we were given a little break to gather ourselves mentally, physically, and emotionally. A peaceful beach on the pacific coast awaits my arrival later today. Who can say that the first couple days of their new job, they get vacation days... No wonder Peace Corps ranked 5th on the List of Top Employers in 2008 ( http://www.black-collegian.com/issues/2ndsem08/top100_ranking.htm )


Keep in mind that Goal #3 of the peace corps is to teach other Americans about Panamanian culture......sooooo....I can't for everyone to come visit.
I miss you all and want to thank you all back home, as well as the friends that i've made here for helping me through the first part of this trip.
Chapter one ended yesterday.
Chapter two starts today!

No comments:

Post a Comment