Peace Corps Panama

Hello, welcome to my blog. I created this blog as I am preparing to leave to Panama for the next 27 months. I will be serving as a Sustainable Agriculture Systems Extension Agent. I will try to keep my blog as updated as possible. Come Visit and Stay tuned so that I can share this experience with you.


Hola, Bienvenidos a mi Blog. Me estoy preparando para ir a Panamá los próximos 27 meses. Voy a estar sirviendo como agente de Sistemas sostenibles de Agricultura. Tratare de mantener este blog lo más actualizado posible. Vénganme a visitar. Manténgase informados con mi blog para que pueda compartir estas experiencias con ustedes.


Pictures

Monday, February 2, 2009

PANAMA

January 12,2009:
My online application was updated. Application status read:
“Peace Corps sent you an invitation kit on January 12, 2009. Within 10 days of receiving your kit, please call us regarding your decision to accept or decline our invitation. If we do not hear from you within this period, the assignment may be offered to another applicant.”

January 20, 2009
I am going to Panama!!
I recieved my inviation right before President Obama's Inaguration. The letter went something like this:

Dear Valeria,
Congratulations! It is with great pleasure that we invite you to begin training in Panama for Peace Corps Service. You will be joining thousands of Americans who are building stronger communities around the world. This call to action gives you the opportunity to learn new skills and to find the best in yourself....
The Packet included a little hand book titled: YOUR ASSIGNMENT
Country: PanamaProject: Sustainable AgricultureJob Title: Sustainable Agriculture Systems Extension AgentDates of Service: June 27, 2009 to June 24, 2011Orientation dates: April 21-22, 2009Pre-Service Training in Panama: April 22- June 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment