Peace Corps Panama

Hello, welcome to my blog. I created this blog as I am preparing to leave to Panama for the next 27 months. I will be serving as a Sustainable Agriculture Systems Extension Agent. I will try to keep my blog as updated as possible. Come Visit and Stay tuned so that I can share this experience with you.


Hola, Bienvenidos a mi Blog. Me estoy preparando para ir a Panamá los próximos 27 meses. Voy a estar sirviendo como agente de Sistemas sostenibles de Agricultura. Tratare de mantener este blog lo más actualizado posible. Vénganme a visitar. Manténgase informados con mi blog para que pueda compartir estas experiencias con ustedes.


Pictures

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ironic HUH...

Just a couple days ago I posted about how running was my way of coping with all the different things that were happening in my life...WELL...change of plans. Yesterday on my morning run, I hurt myself. I heard a snap and the pain brought me to the floor immediately. It was on the arch of my right foot. SUPER PAINFUL. Luckily I was running with two other volunteers who quickly and calmly found help and call the medical office of the Peace Corps. A couple hours later I was in Panama City in the Centro Medico Paitilla where I got x-rays and a CAT scan(confused about that). It was determined that I sprained my foot. I was given a black boot to keep it in place, and some crutches to help me around.
(Emercency crew)

It was a long day. I spent most of it alone with Valentino but I know that a lot of people were worried. Peace corps volunteers in Santa Clara called me all day to see how I was doing. Peter, my sister, and my parents were calling to check up on me as well.

Good things about yesterday:

  • air-conditioned room all day!
  • great lunch (chicken fettuccini plus dessert)
  • got to take siestas on a comfy bed (even though it was in a hospital
  • didn´t have to go to class and sweat all day.
  • I have some experience with crutch-use (from freshman year UF)
  • I got yummy breakfast on the way to the hospital (pandebono and hot chocolate)

Not so go things about yesterday:bhjn km

  • I was in A LOT OF PAIN
  • I was really hungry from about 9:30 am to 4pm
  • I was frustrated with the medical staff for leaving me alone for 3 hours without painkillers
  • as if showering and using a latrine wasn´t difficult enough...add hopping on one foot and crutches to the equation.
  • im gonna so I need to figurt a new venting technique...

1 comment:

  1. What a remarkable twist on perspective. I'd be devastated, but that just shows how comparatively well-balanced you are. Nice shirt by the way.

    Jonathan Mederos

    ReplyDelete