It was a long day. I spent most of it alone with Valentino but I know that a lot of people were worried. Peace corps volunteers in Santa Clara called me all day to see how I was doing. Peter, my sister, and my parents were calling to check up on me as well.
Good things about yesterday:
- air-conditioned room all day!
- great lunch (chicken fettuccini plus dessert)
- got to take siestas on a comfy bed (even though it was in a hospital
- didn´t have to go to class and sweat all day.
- I have some experience with crutch-use (from freshman year UF)
- I got yummy breakfast on the way to the hospital (pandebono and hot chocolate)
Not so go things about yesterday:bhjn km
- I was in A LOT OF PAIN
- I was really hungry from about 9:30 am to 4pm
- I was frustrated with the medical staff for leaving me alone for 3 hours without painkillers
- as if showering and using a latrine wasn´t difficult enough...add hopping on one foot and crutches to the equation.
- im gonna so I need to figurt a new venting technique...