Peace Corps Panama

Hello, welcome to my blog. I created this blog as I am preparing to leave to Panama for the next 27 months. I will be serving as a Sustainable Agriculture Systems Extension Agent. I will try to keep my blog as updated as possible. Come Visit and Stay tuned so that I can share this experience with you.


Hola, Bienvenidos a mi Blog. Me estoy preparando para ir a Panamá los próximos 27 meses. Voy a estar sirviendo como agente de Sistemas sostenibles de Agricultura. Tratare de mantener este blog lo más actualizado posible. Vénganme a visitar. Manténgase informados con mi blog para que pueda compartir estas experiencias con ustedes.


Pictures

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Going Away Parties



The past two weeks have been filled with encouraging words and support from family and friends. The weekend before last, I had a Going away dinner at my house with some family and Family friends. My parents and my sister made shirts that said: SOMEONE I LOVE IS IN THE PEACE CORPS. I loved the shirts;everyone was wearing them. We laughed about the past and inquired about the future and simply enjoyed each other’s company.

This past weekend Peter came to visit! The weekend flew by but we got to celebrate in the Keys with a “friend’s going away party” . Anthony, Peter’s Brother, also celebrated his going away to Afghanistan (with Marine Corps). We played volleyball and ate burgers but most importantly, I got to hang out with people that I will miss dearly. Sunday I was able to spend some time with Peter's Family for Easter which was also very nice.

I’ve tried to see, talk, and hangout with as many people as I could in the last couple weeks because I don’t want to find myself sitting in Panama sad or wanting to be here. For the next two years I want to live the moment and enjoy every part of my experience. I will miss everyone here but I also know that 2 years will fly by. Before we know it, I’ll be back =).


1 comment: