If I call you PICK UP!!! It's LONG DISTANCE!
- Mail in Panama isn't as efficient as in the US; It can take from 10 days to more than a month for mail coming from Panama City to arrive in the US via the Panama Postal System. From my site (where i'll be for 2 years) it can take 1-2 months...HAHA funny right.
- Try numbering the letters so that I know if I've missed one.
- Post cards should be sent in envelopes
- PLEASE make copies of the letters you send incase I don't get them...I do want to read them one day =)
- Care packages are nice but it can be frustrating due to the high incidence of theft and heavy customs taxes. There is no guarantee that the items will arrive.
- It is recommended to send padded envelopes!
- Phone service in Panama is relatively good and service in and out of Panama to the US is mostly reliable
- During training, I will have scarce access to email and host families will not have phones... BUT don't worry, I WILL TRY TO CALL AS OFTEN AS I CAN!
- During my service, acess to phone and email will be different, so I will update you on that as time goes by.
- Office Phone number: 011-507-317-3300
- General Emercency: 011-507-6676-3131
- Medical Emergency: 011-507-6671-2547
- US Embassy (only in case of an emergency): 011-507-207-7000